Following my previous post about server setup for web applications, I have now moved this blog from Site5 to DigitalOcean.
I have been using a shared hosting account with Site5 since 3 years now and 2 days ago the cPanel account at Site5 got hacked compromising my blog and a few other client projects I was supporting.
Since I did not hear from Site5 and their support has been non responsive, I decided it was time to move this blog to DigitalOcean, a service I have been using and recommending quite a lot.
Not being great at customer support is no longer an option. I always wonder why more companies don’t invest resources in hiring the best support staff. Any response is better than no response at all.